Thursday, September 23, 2010

KEEPING THE FAITH

I've been married for almost 2 years and I love being married but i'm so ready to be a mother. I love every bit of it even though I haven't experienced it personally but I watch my sisters and other family members raise their children and I can't explain the feeling that I feel inside.Sometimes I get frustrated with myself asking why why why, what are we doing wrong? and it brings me to tears.

WHEN IS IT MY TURN?

At one time it got worse crying all the time, depressed and not caring for anything. During conference weekend me, my sisters and mom went to the General Relief Society Meeting during conference weekend October 2009( yes I went to the meeting lol) but I'm glad I did, there was a talk by a woman named Barbara Thompson She spoke about how we doubt god when thing don't turn out the way they want it. She also talked about her life as well.


"When I left high school, my goals were to attend college for at least a couple of years, get married to a handsome man, and have four perfect, beautiful children (two boys and two girls). My husband was to have a large income so I wouldn’t need to work, and then I planned to do Church and community service. Thankfully, one of my goals was to be an active and faithful member of the Church.

Well, as you may know, many of my goals were not realized in the way I had hoped. I finished college, served a mission, got a job, continued on with my schooling to earn a master’s degree, and continued working in my profession for many years. (I thought marriage was sure to happen 13 years ago when I opened a fortune cookie and read, “You will be married in less than a year.”) But there was no handsome man, no marriage, and no children. Nothing had gone as I had planned except for one thing. I tried to be an active and faithful member of the Church. For this I am most grateful. It has made all the difference in my life.

I had the opportunity to serve many years in Young Women and felt that gave me an opportunity to teach and testify to younger women who were developing their testimonies and seeking to progress in God’s appointed way.

I also had the opportunity to serve in Relief Society callings, which helped me to learn to serve others and increase my faith and gave me a great feeling of belonging. Even though I wasn’t married and had no children, I felt my life had meaning. There were times of discouragement, and at times I questioned the plan.

One work colleague who was not a member of our Church said to me, “Why do you continue to go to a church that puts so much emphasis on marriage and families?” My simple answer to her was, “Because it is true!” I can be just as single and just as childless outside of the Church. But with the Church and gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I found happiness and I knew I was on the path the Savior would have me follow. I found joy and many opportunities to serve, to love, and to grow.

Remember, it’s not just what you get out of active participation in Relief Society but what you can give and contribute as well.

“comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.”

I got so teary during her talk and I looked over and my 2 sisters were teary eyed too lol.. I love this gospel it works in the strangest ways but in the end I always get my answer. I do things in my life that don't reflect my religion but I truly do believe in his teachings. My parents taught me, my brothers and sisters to the best of their ability and I love them for teaching me about this gospel. I luv my family no matter how small or how big we are we will be strong and keep living life to the fullest.. We will have faith that one day we will be blessed with a lil one of our own as long as we live if not we will not doubt his plan for us, Love christ never doubt!!

3 comments:

Tilly Afuvai said...

awww loved this post! I love you sis! Keep praying to our heavenly father for guidance and everything will fall into place. Miss and love you guys like crazy!

The Fonuaz said...

AWWW I LOVED THIS POST SIS....Keep doing your best sis, and ALWAYS put the Lord first...love you sis!!

Anonymous said...

I love this lisha:)